This is a fairly comprehensive, though definatly not complete listing of Glimmer's feature set:
- Multiple file loading.
- New/Open/Save/Save As
- Multiple level Undo/Redo
- Tear Away windows (any file may be torn away from the main window).
- Custom color selections.
- Custom font selections. (Normal, Italic, Bold, Bold-Italic)
- File, Edit, Highlight, Find, Line Number, and Command toolbars.
- Background pixmap for editing window.
- File information: Current line, total lines, current byte, total bytes, ascii value of current byte.
- Find/Replace/Replace All, including in multiple files.
- Insert many common text segments, including: ChangeLog entry, GPL, Date, Time, etc.
- Gnome session management compliant.
- Save the state of the program to a "Session" file for editing groups of files.
- Python scripting support. Make macros and file filtering scripts, as well as custom menu entries!
- Bracket Matching
- Scriptable hooks for several events including enter-pressed and tab-pressed.
- Highlighting support for: Ada, Bash/Sh, C/C++, DTML, HTML, Java, Latex, GNU Make, Object Caml, Perl, PHP, PO (Language Translation), Python, Lisp (guile, scheme, etc), SGML, SQL, Tcl/Tk, WML, XML, and Z80 Assembly
- Printing support via gnome-print